Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Rick

We celebrated Rick's birthday on Wednesday, August 13. I spent most of the day decorating and writing in cards and getting dinner ready. I helped Julia get a picture drawn on the back of her color picture. Then I helped her sign her name in the card from the kids. She also drew a picture inside the card. It's called personalizing a card.

I decided to make "Alice Chicken" for supper. I love to order it when we go out to Outback steakhouse. I came across the recipe on-line and decided to try it out. I really enjoyed cooking it. But silly me, I had forgotten one of the ingredients. I had to run to the store across the street before I could finish it. I am not too good at broiling meats, but for once, the food didn't get burnt.

I fixed up the table fancy. We had a lace tablecloth, a centerpiece and cloth napkins. We all had fun.

After we were done, we had cheesecake for dessert. Rick isn't much of a cake-eater, and he didn't want me to make the whole recipe of Buster Bar because we eat at it for several days. So, I did the next best thing. We even put candles on it for Julia's benefit. She said that it isn't a birthday without candles.

Here are a couple pictures of Rick's party.





























1 comment:

Lisa said...

The table looks so pretty and inviting...I'm sure your chicken was yummy!