Monday, February 11, 2008

He is Our Peace

Hey!
Just wanted to share a new poem with everyone. I've had this thought buzzing around in my head for quite a while now. Right now, it's just a poem. With a few paraphrases and adjustments, it will be a song someday too. Rick is encouraging me to write more. So here it is.
He Is Our Peace
When trials seem to steal my song,
And everything goes wrong,
I keep running in this race,
Seems I cannot keep the pace.
I read my Bible and I pray,
I ask the Lord to guide my way,
While I'm there upon my knees,
I'm overwhelmed with thoughts of peace.


He's our peace, in the midst of troubled times.
He's our peace, and everyone who seeks Him finds.
He's our peace, and if we set our minds on Christ;
We'll have joy though all our life, for He's our peace.

We try and try only to fail.
Rely on friends, to no avail.
Can our faith hold on 'til dawn,
when all our hope seems to be gone?
Then God's love shines through the gloom.
My feeble faith begins to bloom.
Christ overcoming all my fear,
There comes a peace that is so dear.

Hope it helps someone along the way.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Jennifer. Hope your feeling some better today! I really like what you have so far, especially the," We'll have joy though all our life, for He is our peace." Keep working on it as it comes to you...

Give the kidos a hug for me...I'm getting ready to give Ethan a couple of tests' now soooo back to school. :)

Love ya,
Lisa

Belinda said...

Jennifer,

I love the poem/song. Keep up the good work. Give the kids a hug for me. Miss you all.

Brenda said...

Hey Jenn!!!! It's so good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you the other day and was wondering what you were up too... Welcome to the blog world. That is a great poem!!!!! Take care...

Faith said...

With the talent God has given you all, for sure, I hear a song coming on!

It's a small world... who knew that you and my nephew's wife, Belinda S, are friends, and that your husband and my husband were friends? Way cool! Glad somebody made the connection.

We just saw Rick's parents' Christmas newsletter crammed with lots of photos when we visited Ken's parents over Christmas.