Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Fourth of July

I guess it's time to post again. It's been a little while now. Anyway, I have some new pictures to share.
We spent our Independence Day on the beach. We were on the beach for about 2 hours. The kids played in the sand and in the water. Rick flew his kite(or rather, he tried). I sat on our straw mat for a while just watching sand crabs. My favorite thing to do at the beach is just listen to the waves. I watched the kids play and just enjoyed the quiet.
After the beach, we went to KFC and then to Sandy Bottom Nature Park to eat our supper. Then we went to Ft. Monroe to watch fireworks. We got a little bit wet near the end of the show. A bad storm was rolling in. They finished the fireworks just in time for a downpour.
When we got home, we had a piece of my Independence Day cake, then got ready for bed. It was a good day. It was full of fun and family memories.


































































Chris got all tuckered out.




























The kids enjoying their food. Yummy!

1 comment:

Belinda2 said...

Wow! In that pic of Christopher eating, he looks so much like Matthew used to!