Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day Cake

I used the holiday as an excuse to make a cake. I just love to make cakes and decorate them! Rick doesn't like cake that much, so I usually only bake one for special occasions. I made half of the batter into cupcakes and the other half, I made into an 8"x"8 cake.

To me, a cake is like an empty slate. You can create any design you want in any color that you want. I knew I wanted a flag on my cake, but didn't have time to mix up all of those colors. Then, I remembered my red sugar sprinkles. Could I make them into stripes without making too big of a mess? I did it! I used little candy hearts for the stars. I had so much fun!

My cakes are not perfect. I just started decorating a couple years ago. I'm learning new things all the time. Here is a picture of my latest creation.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Good Job!!

Julie Schultz said...

Wow! It even has the right number of "stars"!

Faith said...

Looks good enuf to eat! ;) Who cares if your cake decorating is perfect or not?! You have fun making and decorating and more fun sharing and eating. A win-win for sure. :)