Friday, January 29, 2010

Catching Up

Wow! Has time flown by! So many things have changed since the last time I posted. Rick and I have baby #3 on the way. My due date is March 29, 2010. We're supposed to have another baby girl. On one hand, I can hardly wait. On the other hand, I know the changes little babies bring to a family. Obviously, the good things outweigh the bad. I love kids.

Julia is half way through her kindergarten year at Warwick River Christian School. She is doing well. Behaves herself and gets along with her classmates and teachers. She is learning to read as well. It's so exciting to be able to watch her progress. She can read most three letter words and some four and five letter words. Now, to get her writing the sentences. That seems so hard to her.

We have enjoyed a whole year worshiping with the folks, at Grace Bible Church, in Richmond. We still visit them on occasion. We are starting(with the help of two or three other families) a new church here in Newport News. We are meeting in a hotel conference room for now. It's a new experience for all of us. We all believe that we are finally in God's timing for this. We are calling ourselves, Hampton Roads Bible Methodist Church(affiliated with Heartland Bible Methodist). If you read this, please pray for us, as the enemy is already fighting us. We are encouraged by the willingness of everyone to help us out and attend our service on Sunday.

My husband is still in school. He might get to graduate in May. We sure hope so! Then we have to decide where to go from there. There is so much change for us, as a family, in the year that lies ahead.

I joined a MOPS(Moms Of Preschoolers)group, at the prompting of one of my friends. I have enjoyed and been challenged by the things the speakers had to say. I think I have grown as a person and spiritually, as a result of going to MOPS. It was good for me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new.

This should catch me up for now. I've got Facebook now and find it hard to find time to write new posts. That needs to change, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! You finally posted something!

Can't wait till your little one comes!